We all could use more time to do more tasks at work, exercise or just spend more time with family and friends. If you find yourself saying there are just not enough hours in the day. Keep reading, here are some great tips to keep you in check and doing more.
1. Carry a note pad or use one in your phone or tablet. Record all your thoughts and activities for a week. This will help you understand how much you can get done during the course of a day. You'll see how much time is actually spent producing results and how much time is wasted on unproductive actions.
2. Any activity that's important to your success should have a time assigned to it. To-do lists get longer and longer to the point where they're unworkable. Appointment books work. Schedule appointments with yourself and create time blocks for high-priority tasks. Schedule when they will begin and end. Have the discipline to keep these appointments.
3. Schedule time for interruptions. Always leave a buffer in your schedule knowing that life just happens.
4. First thing in the morning, or last thing at night take the time to plan your day. Don't start your day until you complete your time plan. The most important time of your day is the time you schedule to schedule time.
5. Put up a "Do not disturb" sign when you absolutely have to get work done. This means turn off email, most smart phones have a do not disturb option and do the same on your desk phone.
6. Practice not answering the phone just because it's ringing and e-mails just because they show up. Disconnect instant messaging. Don't instantly give people your attention unless it's absolutely crucial in your business to offer an immediate human response. Instead, schedule a time to answer email and return phone calls.
7. Remember the 80/20 rule. Odds are good that 20 percent of activities produce 80 percent of your results.
“Well done is better than well said.” Benjamin Franklin or to paraphrase this in modern terms, "Don't talk the talk, instead walk the walk". Some people constantly talk about the things they are going to do but then keep procrastinating. Take action if you wish to get results.
For more information contact us.
Leave a Reply.